Dr. Michelle Witkin is a licensed psychologist (#PSY 14855) with more than 25 years experience treating children, teens, and adults. She is a specialist in treating anxiety disorders, Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD), and related disorders, and is a Clinical Fellow of the Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA).
Dr. Witkin’s connection to OCD and anxiety is personal. When one of her children developed OCD symptoms, she found herself unprepared to help, even though she had already been a psychologist for a number of years. After experiencing treatment from the viewpoint of a parent, she retrained and shifted her practice focus to helping children, adults, and families impacted by OCD and anxiety disorders.
Dr. Witkin is a regular speaker at national and local conferences, classes, workshops, and radio programs. She is dedicated to shedding light on anxiety and OCD, decreasing stigma, and bringing hope to sufferers.
- Bachelor of Arts in Psychology University of California, Los Angeles (UCLA)
- Master of Arts in Psychology California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles
- Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) California School of Professional Psychology, Los Angeles
- Behavior Therapy Training Institute – International Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder Foundation (IOCDF)
- Pediatric Behavior Therapy Training Institute – IOCDF
- Acceptance and Commitment Therapy “ACT Bootcamp”
- Anxiety and Depression Association of America (ADAA).
- American Psychological Association (APA)
- Association for Contextual Behavioral Science (ACBS)
- Los Angeles County Psychological Association (LACPA)
- International OCD Foundation (IOCDF)
- Board of Directors – Child & Family Center (Santa Clarita) – 2003 – 2017.
- Membership Committee – Los Angeles County Psychological Association – 2013 – present